"10 fun facts about the brain"
10 fun facts about the brain:
- Your brain consumes 20% of your oxygen but accounts for only 2% of your body mass.
- Your brain can generate 10-25 watts of power. That’s enough to power a light bulb!
- Your brain is more active when you’re asleep than when you’re awake.
- Your brain is the reason you don’t notice when you’re blinking. It illuminates the world while your eyes are closed –some 20,000 times each day!
- Human beings have the wrinkliest brains of any species. These wrinkles are aligned to sophisticated neural pathways and higher intelligence functioning.
- On an average day, a human being has over 70,000 thoughts.
- The brain doesn’t have any pain receptors. That’s why brain surgery can be performed on a conscious patient.
- A woman’s brain can shrink when she’s pregnant. It can take her up to six months to recover from “Pregnancy brain”.
- You can’t tickle yourself because the brain distinguishes between your own touch and someone else’s.
- Your brain contains enough fluid to fill a 1.5 liter bottle.