"Creative Writing Topics"
By: Sarah Medve
I love to write, but sometimes it can be difficult to brainstorm what I would like to write about. Creativity is key in writing, so I have developed a list of topics for anyone that shares this same issue of not always knowing how to get started.
- Write about two people seeing each other for the first time.
- Write about a rocket-ship on it’s way to the moon or to a distant galaxy far, far away.
- Envision a dragon. How do you approach it? Is it friendly? Do you battle it? Use descriptive language!
- What’s behind a closed door? Why is it closed?
- What are three things that you are grateful for?
- Write about a teacher that has influenced you.
- Write about staying quiet when you feel like shouting.
- What if your mirror started talking to you?
- What does memory lane look like? How do you get there?
- Write about a quote that stands out to you in a book that you are reading.
- Write a poem or short story from the viewpoint of someone living in a doll house.
- Write about a favorite recipe or create a poem about a recipe that is something abstract, something that conveys your feelings.
- Pick a state or country you’ve never visited. Write about why you’re drawn towards going there. Dream big!
- Go people watching and write an ode to a stranger you see on the street.
The possibilities of what to write about are endless. Let the creative juices flow and don’t limit yourself to writing about something that you think others would like to read. Write about what interests you or pick a random topic that speaks to you. I hope these topics helped and happy writing!
Users who have LIKED this post: